View Single Post
Unread 12-23-2002, 11:38 PM   #11
nicozeg
Cooling Savant

Quote:
You might consider getting a diamond cutting wheel. I know that the stone ones decrease in radius with use, so that would alter your channels. With a diamond one and some cutting oil you should be able to do an even more accurate cut.
I remember someone told in another thread that diamond don’t work with copper, as it get clogged fast. Normally it works best with stiffer materials, copper is too soft.

The best tool would be disc saw, but I think that the dremel don’t have enough torque to handle it.

Quote:
Yup, I dunno if mine hate me more when making something (loud, drill, dremell...) or not doing anything (Tom Waits with his lovely voice on considerable amplification...)
Normally I made all this stuff in my room, but when I finish everything is covered with copper dust or chips. This time I was smarter, and for the “pleasure” of my neighbors I made it on the small backyard.

I’m not going to use a supporting top, just a central inlet pipe, an outlet on the side and copper pipe end cap sealing all.

I don’t know the price, but i’m sure it’s not cheap, you could buy some pro quality tool for the same money. But this is a full system that can be assembled as you like. For more details look at www.unimat.at it’s supposed to be a hobby division of EMCO.
nicozeg is offline   Reply With Quote