View Single Post
Unread 04-15-2003, 07:04 PM   #47
MonkeyClaw®
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: upgraded 2000

Quote:
Originally posted by darp
I successfuly upgraded Snap! server 2000 meridian edition. I first tried installing 160gb Western digital but it was recognized as 30gb hd. Tried also with 100gb WD - the same thing - shows up as 30gb. Tried going into /config/debug and reformating the drive but this didn't help. Then I tried to update the Snap OS (original one was 2.0) to 3.x. It took me some time to figure out how to put the Snap server into update mode - you should go to /config/update. This wasn't documented in the manual. After the update I reformated the 100gb disk again and this time it changed to 95gb in /config/debug - "info device". I wasn't able to try with 160gb because it was already full at that time. Snap OS 3.x seems much better than 2.x. Did somebody tried disks bigger then 130gb? If this things supports bigger disks it is priceless.

Quote:
One reason you are probably not able to use a 160GB drive is due to the fact that the motherboard and BIOS on the older Snap Server is not able to handle 48-bit addressing which is required to go beyond 137GB in size. Although, you should be able to go up to 2 x 120GB drive topping you out at 240GB, which isn't too shabby!

-MonkeyClaw®
MonkeyClaw® is offline   Reply With Quote