View Single Post
Unread 12-02-2004, 09:32 AM   #127
Althornin
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacooltech
Bob if we were talking about an old / high maintenance vehicle, or something else you may be right. Maybe I wasn't specific enough.
I was specifically talking about the MCP600 / AquaXtreme 50Z, and I have no idea whatsoever what exact problem Bill is talking about and where / how Swiftech spent thousands of $s ??? Guess, that's something only he can explain.

AQX-50Z is a perfectly good product, outperforming the muffled D4, DDC and other pumps in its category. Oh yea guess why Bill tries to paint a picture as if this pump is not well suited for our application. As shown in this particular thread, it's the best freakin' pump for WCing.

I mean come'n, if this pump is a failure as Bill tries to put it, are we crazy to put 2yrs warranty on it? I am not talking about the manufacturer's warranty either, i mean we as in Cooltechnica warrants the AQX-50Z-DC12 pump for 2yrs.

The only difference that I can think of is that Swiftech supplied the MCP600 with 1/4" ID reducers -since they offer 3/8"ID 1/2"OD tube only- , and we did not use el cheapo reducers whatsoever. I don't know if this has anything to do with whatever problem Bill is talking about. but hey if they had thousands of $$s to spare, maybe they should get the NPT threaded version of the pump, and spent some money on female 1/2"NPT by 1/2"OD quick-connects, instead of trying to save a few bucks by going with el cheapo 1/4"ID nylon reducers.

This's the version of the pump that we offer for 1/2"OD tube with quick-connects:

Swiftech never offered a version of this pump with quick-connects.
Man, i think you have ISSUES.

I didn't get that picture from Bill at all.
What i got was that
1) They have a higher failure rate from those pumps than they do with the liang ones
2) The problem, if you can't remember was the bearing problem specifically mentioned by bill a few posts up. The one where swiftech had to send out new pump heads to tons of people? Ring any bells?

3) Sure, your pump may perform better, but what is its MTBF? Reliability has meaning as well. Great, you have a 2 year warranty. The liang pumps have a 5 year MTBF. different people have different concerns. I know that if i was trying to build an image of a reliable provider, i'd want a product that - even at the cost of some performance - had less failures, because reliability is my main goal. Your is performance, and I don't think bill was saying that is "Wrong" - just that it is not the direction swiftech is going.

But whatever.
I'm sure a genious like Torin will just rationalize everything i've said as some absurd "personal validation" speech.
Althornin is offline   Reply With Quote