View Single Post
Unread 07-23-2003, 04:17 PM   #1
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Default The 1U Graphics Card Experiment

Okay, here's the deal. I'm going to attempt to attach a 1U P4 solid copper heatsink fan to my ATi 9500 Pro card. The old cooler I had (which was a step up from stock) was a piece of crap and is limiting my OC, so now I'm going to take the business to the next level. A picture of the cooler and box is at the end of this post.

I considered using a stock 2500+ cooler, but that would take up too much room and create a mess in my case. I want something sleek and sexy, not fat and arrogant.

I haven't checked to see if this bad boy will fit on my card, but if it does I'll be putting on a full power 60mm fan and drilling the mounting holes out for mounting. I figure that if this can cool a hot server chip it should handle my 9500 ... especially once the fan gets buffed. I can't currently OC my card past 310/305 (275/275 stock) without heat generated artifacts (massive) occuring during 3D acceleration. I'm also going to take the small heatsinks from a series of Vantec Iceberq Cu installs and dremel them into ramsinks and will mount them with frag tape. When all is said and done I WANT 360/330 or higher. I'm desperate for better FPS and I don't want to upgrade ... though I suppose that if I ended up upgrading I'd sell this modded card for retail prices in a heartbeat.

Here is the cooler:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1u.jpg (59.0 KB, 249 views)
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote