View Single Post
Unread 12-17-2002, 01:57 AM   #31
aenigma
Immature Title Goes Here

Quote:
now let me clarify why i am putting a stance on r290 and not pushing its use.last week for instance in one of the forums i was in. i hear a young man who was pretty smart, but he wanted to make himself a phase change unit.now i found out later he was only 11 or 12 years old.this worries me.does anyone know what could happen to this yound man if he takes his dads propane cylinder from the grill and trys to use it on a hobby.for one he might just open it up in his bedroom for instance and not knowing breath enough to knock him out or even kill him if the room is small enough.or heaven forbid it causes a explosion in his small bedroom.this worries me because my som is that age and i know how reckless he is so.
i hope every understands why i wont tell people to use it.a adult is fine i have no problem with someone using it with the proper care .it is a great refridgerant but too many bright kidds stay in forums and dont get told how danderous some stuff is.
Man, I agree with you 110%
Even using regular refrigerants isn't advised if people can't respect them.I am sure letting it all out in your room would be a very bad thing to do, as R22 R12 R502 etc. isn't too good to breathe!

Always respect what you are working on, and be carefull.

[H]opelessly
 Altered
 Results
 Destroy
 Overall
 Credibility
 Period
aenigma is offline   Reply With Quote