View Single Post
Unread 05-27-2002, 08:50 PM   #34
gone_fishin
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by V12|V12
Nice work... how come you aren't going for the "maze" style flow tunnels? They have been shown to produce lower temps, increased surface area. The swirl type ones, from the reviews I've seen, aren't as efficient... But nice stuff though!

I wonder how well "machining" with a drill press and vise would work? Prob not enough HP... I'd like to get something to machine copper blocks/stuffs with, but everything that I've seen costs a FORTURNE! My current block now, is a simple 6mm plate with longer plates soldered on it, then with a 2x1.5 copper end cap soldered on and brass nips etc... works decent, but nothing close to maze like blocks etc... Any advice would be much appreciated!
My design is a breakaway from standard designs but it is based on the way heat spreads out in a sheet of copper (up and out hence the cone shape with turbulence a key factor).
You need a real heavy duty drill press to get moderate results at milling. Mine is a 1HP 220v 15speed floor model which I already had for woodworking and mortising. Besides the drill press you also need a heavy duty milling table. If all you want to do is mill metal then you would be better off buying the real thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drillpress.jpg (18.0 KB, 282 views)
gone_fishin is offline   Reply With Quote