View Single Post
Unread 08-04-2005, 07:24 PM   #130
starbuck3733t
Cooling Savant

Front view: installed in the rear of the top-front bays of the case, looking back.

Back view: installed in the rear of the top-front bays of the case, looking frontwards.

Filler cap just barely fits vertically... Phew! :thumb:

Part III: Replumber's Crack
I've been itching for this since I ordered the Storm/G5... plumbing it, as well as my custom 4-way splitter, custom res, and custom-mounted Radeon twinplex block back into the loop for some massive parallel loop action...

Storm/G5!! (that's pure-silver (not copper) version.) We'll see more of it in a bit. This version has better performance and a different design from the Original Storm/G4 and Swiftech Storm/G4. Plus it's just so... damn... sexy.

Yummy.

Parallel loops are starting to come together. Heatercore is installed again, with foam tape around the edges to deaden vibration between it and the not-yet-installed-in-this-picture shroud. Huge thanks to Knipex, Dr. Fibbles and Pug/Infidel for their help sourcing some of the watercooling gear: Blocks, Tubing, Fittings...

Parallel loop fully plumbed! Don't worry about the ugly grey foam the pump was sitting on, it's temporary.

Black 8mm tubing courtesy of Pug/Infidel returning to the reservior. The loops split in the splitter (seen further down in this update and in previous updates) and then combine again here.

All parallel loops return-plumbed. Look really closely and you can see the one that comes up from the silentstar HDD enclosure. The fitting that the silentstar returns to was later replaced with a 90 degree fitting, due to the extremely tight fit between the reservior and the end of the fan shroud + fans.

Everything reinstalled: Radeon 9800 pro, 3com gigabit copper ethernet, Adaptec Ultra160 SCSI adapter, Pioneer SCSI slot-DVD, HP SCSI CDRW, 2x Ultra160 10K RPM SCSI HDDs.

Neat shot of the G5 amidst all the other various-size (6mm ID, 1/2" ID, 3/4" ID) tubing.

Shot from the back w\ everything installed.

Tight fit going back into the res! Don't mind the slightly-pinched looking line, it's just there if I ever need to drain excess off of the reservior.
Goliath: 3.4E@3.91/Abit IC7, Maze4 (temporarily) + custom splitter to crazy 4-way watercooling parallel loop: X800XT @ 520/1280 + AC Twinplex, AC Twinplex Northbridge, Silenstar Dual HDD Cooler, Eheim1250, '85 econoline van HC + 2x120, 1x120 exhaust - polished aluminum frame panaflo L1As, 2x18GB 10K RPM U160 SCSI, 4GB PC4000.

I wanna be BladeRunner when I grow up!

Project Goliath - nearing completion.
starbuck3733t is offline   Reply With Quote