View Single Post
Unread 03-31-2003, 05:45 PM   #103
Graystar

Quote:
Originally posted by bigben2k
BillA comes with a warning, under his avatar. I think civility went the way of the do-do for him, a couple of decades ago!
Probably longer! Imagine having to live with him? (cringe)

Quote:
I have yet to see anyone be able to razz him the way he has others, but I stick around for that day !
Yeah, he would actually have to listen to someone for that to happen. It ain't gonna happen.

Quote:
But he's still right. You may come up with a number of variations of your block, but the only thing you'll be able to measure, is the relative performance among them, not the relative performance against a known block.
Yes, but we knew this already! Did I ever state otherwise??

If He had his way, we would all just sit on our hands until He spoke and told us what "Is." But that's not gonna happen. He's just not that important. And that upsets him.

Quote:
But hey, I don't see why we're even talking about it, you made it clear that you have no intention of picking up a commercial block, so that you can get a more accurate idea of what the actual performance is.

Maybe if someone had a block that they'd be willing to lend you for a while...

Either way, you can still optimize your design, and find out which design variation will give you the best result. I'd stick to it, if I was you.
I agree. I will stick to it. I'm interested in seeing the effects of these variations. Grumpy old men can't get *me* down!
Graystar is offline   Reply With Quote