View Single Post
Unread 05-17-2004, 03:22 PM   #96
OzDave
Cooling Neophyte

Default OS4 on Snap 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by spliffstar
I'm currently in that same situation I have installed (4) 200GB Maxtor drives
in my 4100 originally a 240GB model and its reading all drive at 128-130.
with SNAP Version 4

I think its a bios thing because the 2200 supports higher drive capacity for example they have 2x250 configured model.

I been doing some research and it seems that the system will need to be "Flup"
a term they use to upgrade the bios. I'm researching to see how I can perform this.

If I had a box to play with I would load the Guardian OS to see what it does on a 4100. lol

Anyone with any suggestion regarding this issue me and musicgreg has please inform us.

Thanks
I thought that I would add an update to larger than 137Gb support in older Snap Servers.
I was able to upgrade two other Snap Server 2000 machines (Merridan BIOS:1.1.0 and Quantum BIOS:2.0.180) with SNAP Version 4. (My original snap server 2000 is still dead.) I tried a 300gb drive in both of them. Both of them recognized the drive as a 300gb drive, however, neither of them could format it. The Merridan failed around 30%, and checking the log, it had a couple of write errors, and stopped. The Quantum did not stop, it tried to format the entire drive, with - I believe - every sector being tried, and every sector above the 137Gb failing.
OzDave is offline   Reply With Quote