View Single Post
Unread 10-07-2003, 11:46 AM   #54
mg
Cooling Neophyte

Default I was able to upgrade a Snap 1000

I used Norton Ghost 2003 and basicaly used command line switches and told it to do a raw copy. I then used the "secret" debug web page to instruct the server to format and init the drive. So far all I have done is a 15 to 20 GB test upgrade. I am now going to do a 20 to 60 GB upgrade first, then I will attach a 2nd 60 GB drive and see if I can mirror the drive. I will post complete details here once I get the 60 GB mirrored drive up and running. For any who are interested, please stay tuned.

Here's the ghost 2003 command line I used from the section of the ghost manual about command switches

ghost.exe -clone,mode=copy,src=x,dst=x -ir

x equals the source and destination, in my case a disk to disk clone. The -ir switch means "image raw" and "copies the entire disk, ignoring the partition table." The manual goes on to say, "This is useful whe a disk does not contain a partition table in the standard PC format, or you do not want partitions to be realigned to track boundaries on the destination disk. Some operating systems may not be able to access unaligned partitions. Partitions cannot be resized during restore and you need an identical or larger disk."

No problems so far as I have done this with a 20 and 60 GB disk from the original 15 GB disk. I then follow the instructions for the format /reinit command. It has worked so far. I'll let the forum know if I can get it to work with a 120 GB disk soon as that is my next goal.

Last edited by mg; 10-08-2003 at 10:03 AM.
mg is offline   Reply With Quote