View Single Post
Unread 05-18-2010, 08:21 PM   #24
ben333
Uber Pro/Mods

Default Re: WTF I'm working on a project?

Damn man... I'm still using XP on all my boxes. Using OS X Tiger on an eMac too... but that's different. I tried Windows 7 when it came out on an Athlon XP box, and it ran pretty good. But I just wandered away from it, not sure why. My main c2d box runs XP and OS X Leopard... The laptop I use pretty much only for it's composite video input (for watching TV) runs windows 98, as well as a baby AT box I use to run older games and stuff like that. I have no real plans of upgrading my main box, it has an 8800GT, 2 GIGs of RAM and some C2D @ 3 GHz, so nothing I'll grow out of soon. I would give Windows 7 a try, but don't see a benefit at the moment other than the good looks. My two laptops also just run XP... only run Outlook and FireFox for the most part. My server is pretty impressive for my standards ATM though, it's in a rack case, has two Opteron 2 GHz chips, a gig of ECC, 5x WD 500 GB drives on a cheap'o hardware controllor. 200 MB/sec on a benchmark, and 2 TB of space with redundancy - im all set