View Single Post
Unread 09-15-2005, 09:35 PM   #1
Maviryk
Cooling Neophyte

Default Flow and pressure in serial/parallel loops

Hey guys,

I am new to this forum. I've been watercooling for six months now, and my first computing forum was extremeoverclocking.com (ECOF). I joined it by mistake :shrug:

My roommate uses Folding@home for tom's hardware folding, but we use EO for their graphs and plots of finished computing. I thought I was joining Tom's Hardware Forums at the time.

Anyhow, I have a few questions.

The current watercooling setup I have is cooling a P4 3.2 E0 Prescott and an Nvidia 6800. For the CPU I am using the DangerDen TDX 3/8"ID fittings(at the time the Swiftech 6002 was out of stock) and GPU the ThermalTake Bigwater 1/4"ID fittings. My original setup used the Via Aqua 2600 pump and a 9"x6" heatercore. Initially my blocks were in serial, but that caused the impellor to create too much noise due too much head.

Since then my original pump has failed (outlet barb leaked due to overtorqing)and I am working on a new case. I'll be using a Hydor L30 pump with a Dual 120mm heatercore.

I would like my CPU to get the best flow, should the blocks be in parallel or serial? Is the loss of flow due to being in parallel greater than the loss due to the restrictiveness of the 1/4" ID size of the GPU blocks?
Maviryk is offline   Reply With Quote