View Single Post
Unread 09-22-2003, 11:04 AM   #8
dot
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally posted by gone_fishin
It's shameful that people will base performance on such unscrupulous methods.
Changing the testbench midway through testing just does not cut it.
As funktional stated, the heating element was the same for cascade an murks3 REV1.1. So the results should be comparable. But I have to agree that changing the testbench (or atleast the heating element) during testing makes the results questionable.

Quote:

Perhaps it does perform great, but we sure don't know it by that review.

I do not see the offset inlet not being directly over the jets as a good thing. Is it just so you can see the middle better or what? This adds a restriction before the jets.
Do you know what "Murks" means in english?
http://dict.leo.org/?p=tLMk.&search=Murks
So don't take everything too seriously.

The offset inlet was chosen to be able to mount the block by a central pressure screw, I think.

The block in its first revision was quite far away from being mass-produceable.
Actually, it was meant to be easily reproduceable even for people who don't have expensive equipment. If I remember correctly, the Murks2 & Murks3 were made only by using a drill press.

Tommy has since changed quite a few things as far as I could tell from the pictures and what he states in the thread at kaltmacher.de.

Quote:

http://www.kaltmacher.de/viewtopic/t...c/start-0.html

That link shows the murk3 having 25 cups in a non honeycomb pattern and they do not appear to be precisely lined up. That would be important for jet and cup allignment. Also a gasket material is shown, this would cause each assembly of the unit not to yield the same jet height.
Yes, this is the first version of this block.
The version tested at watercoolplanet.de is REV1.1.
The block is now sealed by an o-ring, much like the Cascade.
If I remember correctly, the rubber gasket was chosen because you don't need to make a groove in the block for it to seal properly.

Regards,

some stranger
dot is offline   Reply With Quote