View Single Post
Unread 10-25-2002, 12:01 PM   #103
Bruno Facca
Cooling Neophyte

Again, sorry for taking so much to update you. These last few weeks have been hell, I can't even sleep 8 hours as I'm used to. I burned the 2nd PSU this month (isn't that great?), this time the 450W power supply couldn't handle my PC so it overloaded and fried.

Here are the new specs for the water cooled test rig:

Athlon XP 1700+ AGOIA stable @ 1850MHz (2V, 12.5x, 148FSB)
Heat dissipation: 111W at 100%, 98W at 88%
Soyo Dragon Plus (Vmod)
256MB cheap DDR
Prolink Geforce 4 MX440 w/ TV out
2x Samsung 40GB SV4002H in RAID 0
1x Quantum 20GB LCT20 for backup
LG DVD ROM 16x
Samsung CDR 8x4x32
Pinnacle Capture/TV card PV-BT878P+ Rev. 10
Alcatel external ADSL modem 256k/128k
Lucent V92 internal modem
Dual PSUs: 300W for the 3 HDs and 2 optical drives.
450W for the Mobo, CPU, RAM, GPU and PCI cards.

As for the pics, I would take them now but I have to be somewhere in about 20 minutes so I'll take them tonight in my spare time (I haven't used this word in a while) That is if no plane crashes in the roof of my house or the PC doesn't catch on fire for no reason (with the luck I'm having lately hehe...)

Finally the test rig is all ready, the water cooling system, including the all acrylic reservoir and a prototype of the radiator are all working very nicely. All that I still have to do is calibrate the 3 50k thermistors that will be used (interfaced to MBM5) to measure water, radiator intake and CPU temp, I could put a thermistor right below the core by using the very thin wire that came connected to the thermistor itself in the thermometers I got them from. I'll also do this tonight.

As for benchmarks I can't do them today, the reason is I'm running my PC underclocked and with only 2 HDs running because my 450W PSU didn't arrive yet so I only got a 300W, If I push this processor any further this PSU might die on me too (enough of that). It should arrive tomorrow (sat).

Last but not least, I have been working on the model of the 2nd batch of the block, it's almost ready, I'm also working on the model for the GPU block for the Geforce 3/4, that's why I bought the GF4, to test this new block that's coming in a few weeks.

I'll post back tonight.

@FuzzyFace, bigben2k: I guess I would need a couple of tons of force to cut a 8mm galvanized steel sheet with tin snips . It was a typo, it's 0.8mm as you said.

Thanks
Bruno Facca
Bruno Facca is offline   Reply With Quote