View Single Post
Unread 10-30-2002, 10:56 AM   #107
Bruno Facca
Cooling Neophyte

I can't afford to be taking this long to calibrate some simple temp sensors so I ordered a Digidoc 5, it will take 14 days to arrive, just in time to test the 2nd batch.

Changes/new features in the final version will be:

- Thinner top to reduce weight, actually 4.75mm (strong enough and a lot lighter than the 6mm actual tops)

- 3 hose fittings instead of 2, the water will enter right above the core and exit by the other 2 hose fittings at the ends of the channels. Than should increase performance by *a lot* because the flow will be a lot faster (hot water will exit quickly) and the cold water hitting strongly (low flow restriction=strong flow) above the core will "rip off" the heat way better than just passing on top of it.

- Allen bolts instead of common bolts for the top

- Hose fittings in natural brass color (shiny). Besides looking good, the paint in the hose fittings is peeling off a little after putting and removing hoses several times.

- No lacquer (did I ever spelled this right?) on top of the painting because according to some tests I made it doesn't protect much the painting and it gives that ugly shine so the painting will not shine (no specular reflections). What's the name for this kind of painting in english?

- Holes in the top so the screw heads stay at the same level as the top surface, this is very simple and improves the look by a lot.

I think the performance for the final version will be great, I'm very anxious to test it!

I hope you remember (see beginning of the thread if you don't) I said the $15 price is for the 50 units (wich will probably cover the people from the forums) because my profit is very small at this price. It will probably go up to $20 or $22 after that.

Thanks
Bruno Facca
Bruno Facca is offline   Reply With Quote