View Single Post
Unread 10-07-2004, 09:58 AM   #20
Jetlag
Cooling Neophyte

Actually you would think so, but not the case. I've tried using the Colder Product Selector using those variables and it always comes up with the "NSH" fittings which are huge, not something I would even consider.

The couplings that Bio-Hazard used (see photos above) appear to be either APC or EFC series, even possibly HFC series. BTW, when you include the option "panel mount" in the search criteria, the results are even less palatable.

So it's not as if I did'nt try, the ones in the photos are exactly what I need, I just do not want to order the wrong thing and have to go through the hassle of returning the wrong ones or worse, paying restocking fees. It's also easier to search around for other sources when you know the part numbers (also don't want to pay the ludicrous shipping charges mentioned earlier).

Biohazard, if you know the model number or the series could you please post it? Are they panel mount or is that a mod that you accomplished? Thanks.

***edit***

OK, this took a bit of work and an online chat with the folks at US Plastics, but here is the information if you are interested. I believe the couplings in BioHazards photos are the HFC12 series, and the part numbers would be:

HFC16812 = 1/2" hose barb coupling body straight through w/panel mount
HFCD16812 = 1/2" hose barb coupling body w/shutoff w/panel mount
HFC22812 = 1/2" hose barb insert straight through
HFCD22812 = 1/2" hose barb insert w/shutoff

In addition to having them at US Plastics, I also found them at McMaster-Car, but they wanted more for the same thing. The shipping at US Plastics wasn't to bad, for 4 fittings it came to about $10.

Last edited by Jetlag; 10-07-2004 at 12:09 PM.
Jetlag is offline   Reply With Quote