View Single Post
Unread 09-12-2002, 03:04 AM   #43
MadDogMe
Thermophile

Hey!, gone fishin!, thats simular to my 'theoretical best block'!!, cept I'd have more than four exit holes in the 'main chamber'. instead of having all those barbs I'd have another 'chamber' on top that they all vent into with one exit barb.
I wish I could show a pic . It would be made of three different layers.
My reason for wishing I had a milling machine ...
The base plate(6mm thick) would have a curcular 'hole' machined into it(4mm deep) with 'exit' holes drilled into it from the top at 45deg angles around the circle.

The middle plate(4mm thick) would have 45Deg holes that mate with the baseplate, so when together they would form a < shaped tubes/channels. this plate would also have a hole threaded central for the inlet barb.

The top plate would be simular to the base, with a circle/hole(slightly wider to encompass 'vent holes') that the < tubes vent into, this would be the 'collection' chamber. it would have an ofset barb for the exit, and a central threaded hole for the inlet barb. the inlet barb thread would have to be long enough to 'span' the top plate 'circle/hole and reach the middle plate 'inlet barb thread' ...

The three would be bolted together with allen bolts by choice but could be soldered, I'd prefer to be able to break it down for cleaning though. There is loads more to the design, these are the basics though, the channeles in the base plate I'd have radiating from the inlet barb like 'spokes' I don't know if it would bwe best to have them 'full height' and meeting the 'middle plate', or 'half height' and adding turbulance...

Ahhh!, to be able to reach the tuning stage ...
PS. did any of that make sense?.LOL!!, I have it in my mind, but don't know if I explained myself well!...

Last edited by MadDogMe; 09-12-2002 at 03:11 AM.
MadDogMe is offline   Reply With Quote