View Single Post
Unread 03-22-2002, 07:44 AM   #1
DodgeViper

Default Water Cooling Finally

Ok I am finally able to say I have joined the ranks of water-cooling. I am using the Gemini High Volume Spiral water block, Eheim 1250 317GPH pump and a custom Chevy Chevette radiator with 2-120 PanaFlo 86 CFM fans configured in a push/pull format.

I decided to test the pump for flow rate. With a 12” rise, the pump delivered 190 GPH. With the Gemini High Volume water block added to the pump at a 12” rise the flow through the block was 64 GPH. I had changed the fittings on the block to fit my 1/2" tubing system.

Currently I am still burping all the air from the system and here in Arizona is rather warm tonight. My current ambient temperature is 28c and the cpu is at 37c. These numbers are at idled. My cpu is a T*bird 1.4 @ 1575. No volt mod but everything in the bios is set for extreme. Hoping by morning the W/B has had a chance to settle in, and the temps within the home will be down as I do not have the cooling in the home running yet.

Prior to changing over to water this same system running air-cooled the cpu was at 45c with the ambient temperature at 29c.

For some strange reason I think I have trapped air in the radiator. I mixed distilled water with 15 percent of anti-freeze. I only mixed 32oz. And still have 4oz. of mix left.

The tubing routing on the system goes like this, pump outlet to rad, rad to (T) then to the center of wb, wb back to pump inlet.

Update: Currently I am at 162 fsb @ 1620 with no volt mod. The image is from after the system ran over night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg temp1111.jpg (31.1 KB, 487 views)
DodgeViper is offline   Reply With Quote