View Single Post
Unread 09-08-2002, 09:57 AM   #1
bowman1964
Cooling Savant

Default Phase Change project start to finish

well today i am going to start something that i hope will be looked on for a long time.i am going to design and build a system that i hope will change the way we look at cooling.freon based direct block cooling plus chilling all combined in one unit.plus build and mod. a case from scatch.i will be using freon to cool the proccesor to around -45 to -50 like i already have done before but with a side advantage of chipset and video cooling.i plan on using the excess freon from the cpu evaporator to power a small chiller unit to cool the chipset and video.this project will take me a couple of months but since i have gotten the freon evaperator already tested and proven to out cool the Prometeia and others that you can buy,i think this will be alot easer.hard part of my project will be compacting the system into a case the size of a large tower.plus make a circuit to control the system on and off and over heat protection.plus display unit on front, and going to try to make it from aluminium.
i am going to try and post alot of links for people who wish to make a system themselves also.
i know alot of you guys allready know what i have built in the past so maybe we all can help each other out.
any and all ideas will be a great help.i have the system allready drawn out but alot of you are better at other areas than i am.i will be glad to help others out also.
custom r502 cooling unit

3D2001SE 21315

3DMARK03 6659
bowman1964 is offline   Reply With Quote