View Single Post
Unread 11-19-2006, 08:21 AM   #19
admin69
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: Snap 12000 info / help?

great --- almost there.

I pulled my nic from mine and the following is what is written on the white sticker on back:

Intel PRO/1000T Server Adapter

I am sure that they did not load any other drivers for nic cards, so I don't think anything else will work.

Lets hope they didn't damage the slot by forcing the nic out.

Try the nic in another pc to make sure it works. I love this nic because it doesn't matter if you use a crossover or patch cable. It will detect and switch to use both.

I have about 50 of them but they are all in my storage back in CA(about 800 miles away).

I looked at the image in the Field Service Guide and have purchased a Pro 1000T Server NIC from eBay (the NIC that came in it was a desktop model - I suspect someone pulled the original Server NIC).

Is there anything on the drives you inserted? If not, you are still going to need to load the actuall os on them. If you don't have the os on them and are able to get the nic to work then all you will get when you access through the web page is a page that will be asking you were to find the os at.

We also need to figure out if this unit is running the guarding os or snap os. It should have said something on the display while booting. can you write down all the messages it was saying while booting and post them so we can see what it is looking for.

Haven't looked at the info on the drives yet. If it is Snap OS (hopefully), I won't have any problem once I get the NIC going. There was little to no info on the display when booting. It "Searches for IP" (never finds my DNS/DHCP - bad NIC); says "Domain Controller not found"; and "WORKGROUP: INTERSYSTEM". I did power up holding all three buttons down and went thru the "Hardware Test" - not very informative but it seems that all tests passed and then it powered down...

'Til I get a NIC in that works, I can't go much further I'm afraid. Doubt I'll get it in with the holiday this week...

Last edited by admin69; 11-19-2006 at 08:31 AM.
admin69 is offline   Reply With Quote