Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: Snap 12000 info / help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin69

Tried upgrading to OS 3.4.805 and now the display reads:

Flash update utility
Waiting for update
I am 0.0.0.0

I have tried some of the console port settings mentioned above to get me back in but none seem to connect properly. Anyone else have a suggestion on the Hyperterm settings? (I have a standard serial cable and null modem cable - neither seem to do the trick).
I know it is poor form to quote yourself but I've had some PMs on this so here is where this currently stands:

A forum guru bailed me out - turns out I had "jumped" too many OS versions as well as BIOS revisons and had semi-bricked it. Took some pretty serious tricks to get it back but it does work again. Strange, though - If I upgrade the OS past 4.3.830 it craps out on me... weird.

My latest issue is that the spacing for the IDE & power connectors in the drive cage does not allow me to install WD 250GB drives - older Fujitsu and IBMs (20, 30 & 40GB) plug right in. Not sure if they changed the drive tray during production or if other brands of drives (over 137GB) will work??? Adaptec touted those models as supporting up to 3TB so some type of large drives had to fit...
admin69 is offline   Reply With Quote