View Single Post
Unread 05-24-2004, 03:14 PM   #9
nightic
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronchev
it seems to me that if they were more looks-driven than performance-driven, then why not buy a koolance system or something like that? after all if theyre going to go all of the trouble to make a system that for all purposes performs worse than air cooling, why even bother having to do anything at all?
Right, exactly, but here's what I don't get;

They're not stupid, they can make a system that looks just as nice and is high-flow, 1/2" all round and yet they don't.
Why is that?

What is it about the (ie.) 1/2" set-ups that discourages them from entering that realm?
Surely if they thought the high-flow method was the greater performing one, they wouldn't supress developing it?

The desire for slightly easier tube routing and marginally smaller pumps/blocks is not sufficient reason for them to limit their product range is it?

For all intents and purposes the hardware is the same, it's not a huge deal to retool their blocks to have larger native connections, they have similar availability of high-power pumps, heatercores and sourcing larger diameter tubing wouldn't be a chore and yet they don't.

Now this isn't a criticism of the German way. I think we can agree that in many areas they have extraordinarily good engineers as well as the means to produce very high quality, high performance hardware.
Does it not then make it all the more curious that they've focused on a very particular way of going about PC water-cooling which is commonly thought of as being inferior?
nightic is offline   Reply With Quote