View Single Post
Unread 12-08-2002, 05:22 PM   #30
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Ooh, that does make it difficult. With 15U of space, though, that is only about 27", or so, isn't it? I don't know what kind of aesthetics you're going for, but you may just want to build a "rack stand" type box that your rack sits on top of, and stick all of your WC goodies in there. It is working wonders for me (just got my second box put on a couple of days ago ... it is shweet). I have found that doing it this way makes maintanence very simple. Whenever I need access to the boxes, I can open the top case, snake the block out through the rear opening, and then just remove the computer away completely. After removing each computer one by one like that, I then have my entire WC system away from the electronics, ready to be tinkered with however I desire.

I'll have pictures of Phase 2 of my project up in the hardware section and on my project page at Adelphia soon for you to look at.

Regardless of how ghetto this started out as, it is starting to look really nice.
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote