View Single Post
Unread 03-08-2004, 06:09 PM   #17
|kbn|
Cooling Savant

The 172mm fan was second hand, and is like one of these, http://www.nidec.com/ta600dc55r/ta600dc55r.htm but i cant find any info on the model number im getting.
Another place you could get a large fan is from an old car, dunno how much they cost from a breakers. The large ones infront of the radiators should be perfect, dunno if heatercores usually have fans with them or if there passive? Car fans will be niosy at there rated voltage. You will want one thats 12vdc. Also ive heard they use a lot of current (some of these fans are REALLY big) so its best to run them at 5v so there quieter, and they will also use less current at 5v. Also i think RS components might sell them (www.rswww.com) or farnel might.

The reson i need 90degree barbs is becase its a gfx block and i dont want it sticking out loads. I originally wanted an all copper block so insteaad of barbs i could just solder 90 degree elbows on, but it didnt work when soldering, as the hole thing was top heavy and wouldnt sit how i wanted it.
With the tools i have, nothing is easy and im not going to attempt it using a dremmel. What i will try now is using a peice of polyethylene for the top, held on by two screws with some sealant between it and the metal. I might be able to have 1 in and two out, but i might just use one in one out going from end to end with a restriction to speed up water over the core. The base is 7 channels about 2 mm apart with 1.5mm walls. The problem is sealing the block, and the barbs to the top. If its plastic id need to find the right glue that works with both types of plastic.

If you could fit me in i would pay you. I dont have any materials (copper etc..) but ive found some places that sell copper so i could get some. Ill draw some detailed pics this week of how it will be.
With your cpu block you have a large inlet, which is reduced to a small slot, whats it for?

heres a link to my thread anyway if you want to see what ive done, http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=8942

Last edited by |kbn|; 03-09-2004 at 11:40 AM.
|kbn| is offline   Reply With Quote