View Single Post
Unread 04-03-2003, 04:19 AM   #113
Graystar

Quote:
Originally posted by MadDogMe
Who said it'd never work?. I've seen no~one 'diss' your block, on the contrary everyone likes it, but sees improvments...
Sorry, I was mixing forums. I first proposed the design at overclockers.com forum and it wasn't well received.

Quote:
IMO those pads are'nt worth shit for core protection BB, It's the 4holes mounting that provides stability. A good even pressure on each corner is where it's at (by good I mean 25lbs+). A 'centre' mounting may allow it to 'tilt' under adverse loads on the tubes or block and crush the core, but saying that it should'nt ever happen under normal curcumstances should it?, you'd have to grab hold of the tubes and yank on them...

I'd use silicon tube so there's no extra torque on the block though, my old SK6 spring clip was crap, I had to bend it tighter myself cause the weight of the block used to 'loosen' it up after being on there a while, and PVC tube does have a stubborn 'memory' ...
Yes, silicon did work well. I did have a little twisting problem with vinyl tubing. On the next versions I think I'll solder on some tabs that will use the mounting clip to maintain alignment.
Graystar is offline   Reply With Quote