Thread: Pump roundup
View Single Post
Unread 10-20-2002, 12:25 PM   #45
RoboTech
Cooling Savant

Hi guys

Here is some data on pumps that I use...

Eheim 1250 - red
ViaAqua 1300 - blue
Danner Supreme 2 - green
Eheim 1048 - pink

I placed each pump in an overflowing tub of water and measured the time it took to fill a 5 gallon graduated bottle. Each test was repeated three times and the resulting times averaged. 1/2" ID silicone tubing was used for all tests. The outlet of each tube into the bottle was maintained at the same height as the water level in the reservoir.

The following curves show the actual flow rate from each pump through various lengths of 1/2" ID tubing.

Pump Flow Rate vs. Tubing Length

Note there are two curves for each pump. The top curve is the flow rate with the inlet fitting of each pump removed (less flow restriction). The lower curve for each pump is with the inlet fitting attached (like it would be in an inline system). Soooo, if you are running a submerged pump, take off the inlet fitting and buy yourself a few more GPH!

This next graph shows the max discharge pressure for each pump.

Pump - Maximum Discharge Pressure

I measured this using a 10' length of tubing running from the pump discharge fitting to the ceiling. Each pump was run in a bucket of water and the water column height measured from buckets surface water level to the highest level in the tube.

Inches water column x 0.03613 = PSI

I hope you find this information usefull...

RoboTech

Images edited by request

Last edited by RoboTech; 10-20-2002 at 04:21 PM.
RoboTech is offline   Reply With Quote