View Single Post
Unread 10-23-2002, 03:41 PM   #135
gone_fishin
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by bigben2k
Lots of good comments and suggestions!

Fixittt: I don't get the need to create a similarly patterned block for chipset, VC, etc, other than the "neato" factor. I do like the idea of coming up with a Pro/Cooling kit, that someone (Danny) could make and sell, UNDER LICENSE! Even if we only get a buck for each kit sold, it might be a good funding source to get something started here. It'd be neat if Pro/Cooling sold this kit itself. Right now, the Pro/Gear section is only about links to Pro/Cooling logo stuff. Joe would have to chime in here, he's the bossman.

Gone_fishin: I'm too worried about structural integrity, to use a clear rubber sheet in this block. Remember, the fins, in combination with the top is the only thing holding this block together. If the baseplate starts to cave in, even by a fraction of a millimiter, it's dead.

I've been trying to re-create Les' thermal properties calculations, on Cathar's block, but I just can't figure it out. I'm gonna need Les in here to explain it to me!

I'll be giving another thermal calculator a shot. Will report later.
And if the O-ring holds the plates apart by a fraction of a millimeter, then what? There will be nothing but open space in the gap for a fractional flex to happen. In the o-ring configurations I have seen, there is always a slight gap left. Either way a structural solution must be built into the top plate if this is your biggest concern.
gone_fishin is offline   Reply With Quote