View Single Post
Unread 10-24-2002, 07:40 AM   #141
gone_fishin
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by Cathar
I think this whole O-ring thing is being blown slightly out of proportion here.

I use two O-rings to seal my block. I clamp it down tight. I stuck some thermal paste on the base of the middle plate as a means of checking and there is good contact being made between the tops of the fins and the bracing plate.
How thick was the paste? Now you must rely on the purchaser to retighten it properly in order for it to not have a gap and flex? You know the first thing anyone is going to do once they get their hands on a sectional block is to take the darn thing apart.

Edit: Cathar, I just realized you said you use two. This means that you use one inbetweeen your top and middle plate. Now I think I've seen the pic you shown somewhere else that the middle plate has a slot of some type to induce an impingement but this also applies a back presure. The other two exit holes in the center and top plate have what blocking the backpresured water from going straight to the outlets before ever entering the block (A gasket in this top level would eliminate that problem and boost impingment because this escape route for the water would be eliminated. Now tell me you don't like gaskets after a free improvement like that) ?

Last edited by gone_fishin; 10-24-2002 at 07:49 AM.
gone_fishin is offline   Reply With Quote