View Single Post
Unread 02-03-2003, 03:53 PM   #4
SysCrusher
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by Roscal
A hyperbolic shape sould be better to kill pressure drop in a nozzle like attachement. Parabolic and hyperbolic are in any way better than a brutal change of section...
This is the best way to do it. Mine right not is just a change of size that doesn't change gradually which doesn't help pressure drop one bit but is all I got right now until I find something better.

Ben, try to keep away from a to steep of an angle on the inside of the orfice outlet. To much of angle and you end up with a spray pattern. I tried it with a nozzle from mcmasters like that and like you said it didn't work. You need a straight stream. Height of the nozzle from the base is very important depending on the pump pressure. Also, to far away it will allow the back pressure of swirling heated water to get recycled back into the impingement. In other words, if it to far away not all the water will hit the base and flow across it, some gets bounced back or swirls back. A submerged impingement acts quite different than the ordinary run of the mill impingment.

Last edited by SysCrusher; 02-03-2003 at 04:06 PM.
SysCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote