View Single Post
Unread 02-03-2003, 05:38 PM   #6
SysCrusher
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by bigben2k
"submerged" is the key word.

The above is an ASME spec for nozzles. There's a 10 degree taper on the inside lip, and I believe that it may be for air, but I could be wrong. Either way, it should work fine.
I doubt the 10 degree taper will hurt anything either.
Quote:

In Radius, I was looking at a huge pressure drop, when considering a 3/16 nozzle size, but I made the calculation as an estimate, by calculating the pressure drop over 1 inch of 3/16 tubing: one inch would be too long, my pump couldn't push that kind of flow through it.
What pump you got? The nozzle in mine right now is 1/8. As for the flow, I couldn't tell you what it is now but I suspect it's been cut in half atleast. It's working though much to my amazement. But you have the fins in the center to so thats different, I forgot again.:shrug:
Quote:

The pic in the first post would be the absolute worst kind of nozzle, as it would indeed spray the coolant everywhere. The desired effect is straight down, for jet inpingement.
Kind of like mine now with the first one but more flat on the inside. Adding more flow through it and pressure it will start to get a pattern spray to it much like a garden hose. Not bad though with the hydor pump. Second is the way to go.
Quote:

In going over the ASME specs, I found that the outlet pressure can be expected to be 80% of the inlet pressure. In an orifice plate (flat piece, drilled straight), the pressure differential can range from 60 to 80.
Thanks for sharing and pointing me to the ASME specs! I'm really interested in the nozzle you found. You'll be amazed when you try it out. I have a feeling your radius will knock the socks of them with impingement. Block I'm using now has NO fins/channels. I was shocked to see the results with just my crude version of jet impingement though mine is off center of the die! I didn't realize the cpu die was offset.

Last edited by SysCrusher; 02-03-2003 at 05:59 PM.
SysCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote