View Single Post
Unread 05-11-2010, 08:19 AM   #1
WhiteWormGreen
Cooling Neophyte

Problem with Windows 7 and Snap Server 1100

Problem: "Create New Folder" crashes which ever program I am using, and in the background it is stuck in an infinite loop of creating folders until I "End Task".

Up to this point, my network consisted of only Windows XP machines. I have recently added the first Windows 7 machine, and to my surprise... it doesn't play nicely with the Snap Server that I have.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium, and a Snap Server 1100. The Snap Server is running Software 3.4.803 (US) on Hardware 2.0.2 with BIOS 3.4.758.

At first, I was having a problem authenticating with the Snap Server. The user was showing as a bunch of random characters (see below). I had hoped that this was the cause of the original problem.

snap-w7-user.gif

Thanks to this thread, I changed the NTLMv2 settings. After doing this, the server authenticated and the user name was being shown correctly. However, this did not fix the original problem.

I found a thread describing a work around for this. Namely, creating a folder on the desktop and copying it to the server. I was wondering if anyone else has any other thoughts or suggestions on fixing this problem?
WhiteWormGreen is offline   Reply With Quote