View Single Post
Unread 10-14-2002, 07:07 PM   #41
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Not much progress to report.

I e-mailed birman, and the pics to the slimline PSU article are back up. Note: although he writes that it should work for any PSU, I doubt that it would work with an Antec (but hey, if you have an Antec, then you're not reading this!).

I also figured that since I have 6 * 5 1/4 bays in my DA-01 case, that I might as well go ahead and use three of them for the 300W PSUs. They could become removable from the front, if I want to go that way.

In the mean time, I've got to spec out some power connectors (for easily removal) and figure out how to put the bus bar together. I'm also thinking about a front panel switch (to turn off each PSU) so that it can be removed while the system is running. I'm not running anything critical, so it wouldn't be of any use, except for show.

Also, I plan to use arrays of 40mm fans, coming out the back of each PSU, unless I get into watercooling, but that might be a little more than what I want to get into.

A big bonus is the extra space I'll have in the top/back of the case. I could now fit pretty much any heatercore/fan combo.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote