View Single Post
Unread 11-28-2005, 12:22 PM   #345
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

Default Re: Apogee from Swiftech...

Oh and on topic, the plan pH just posted up there about the removable IHS is interesting but I instantly thought of the same thing bill replied with - how do you make sure you are not getting it too good, so its unrealisticly good compared to a stock IHS.

But then it hit me (because I am slower than your average geek I think) that accuracy compared to a pristine CPU is not that important as long as you are very close. (so that data from one test rig can in some ways near the data from another test rig with similar back end equipment, and using a pristine CPU) But keeping testing accuracy across a test set is something I would be concerned about.

You would need to be able to show that with the same block, same coolant temps, etc... that the only variable that changes in a dozen or so mounts is the IHS and the block being removed and remounted. And that after that the temps are very consistent across all the remounts... if you see to high of a variance then you know its not a viable solution.

Thats just my take... now back tomaking smart ass remarks...

ProCooling archive curator and dusty skeleton.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote