Thread: Pump roundup
View Single Post
Unread 11-04-2002, 09:38 PM   #97
Blackeagle
Thermophile

Further questions about rads & fans. Also one more about cooling loops.

This problem of noise from dual fans is only when they are run side by side, correct? Not when run on opposite sides of a rad in a push/pull configuratin, right?

Do the heater core type rads need/gain from a push/pull or is this unneeded?

How about if after the dual loops come off the differant W/Bs they were both routed to the res, this would save a Y while requireing a bit more tube length total. But would also allow me to then have a single return from the res straight to the pump using .75" tube, if I end up going with the high psi pump. Would this make for a good minimum restriction set up?

AS the Y that splits the flow from 5/8" to two other sizes of 3/8" and 1/2" will have to be a custom item how about if I made it like this a "offset or 1/2 Y. What I mean is, have the 5/8" and 1/2" lines in line with the 3/8" line going of at a slant from the main lime of flow. this would hopfully incourage max flow to the 1/2" line bound for the CPU where it will be needed most. Thoughts? Do little touches like this help much? Or am I off base, due to back pressure evening things out regardless of efforts to stear things in a prefered direction.

MadDog,

Remember the modding discussed in regard to Danger Den blocks? If I split the flow just before the blocks but run 3/8" to the NB and Gfx it might be neat to do the insides of both of them with the dimpled "floor" ect. Thoughts?

Last edited by Blackeagle; 11-04-2002 at 09:50 PM.
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote