Thread: Score!
View Single Post
Unread 11-12-2004, 10:13 PM   #13
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Ben: Free. The condition was to get the table off before he could get to it with the forklift and dump it in the truck headed for the scrap yard. Also mine is about 10 years newer than that one I posted in the link above.

John, you pretty much summed up my initial thoughts on what I plan to do.

Yes the column is a thin steel thing on the Sherline. it is about 2" wide and 3/8" thick. What I intend to do is anchor is at the bottom and also the top. I was going to drill some holes at the top of that steel column and bolt it directly to that 4" column at the top and the bottom.

Do those stepper motors of your plug in to the controller cords the same way my Sherline one's do?
If so I might be interested.

Also I plan on joining up with CNCZONE and starting a thread about it there. Unfortunately my mill is 120 miles away or I would get the pics and start the thread now but I will have to wait until after thanksgiving as that will be the next time I get up there. Headed to Cali Sunday until the 23rd and will be heading up to my grandparents (were the mill is) the 24th or 25th.

Kobuchi: I am a welder/fabricator/steel erector so I do understand the problems you speak of.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote