View Single Post
Unread 07-28-2003, 10:59 AM   #52
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

I'm at -17.3 lbs from start. Everything is going good.

The trick with atkins is that every time you do it is less effective by and large. Those that go on and off constantly will find that their body adapts and isn't as willing or able to go into effortless ketosis and will try to remain in a glucose metabolism and WILL cannibalize muscle for quite a while before switching to ketosis. Doing an on-off atkins plan is dangerous.

If you want good results you need to stick with it and realize that there are things that will substitute for your cravings. Yesterday I had homemade garlic bread sticks (2 carbs each), fresh cream soda (real cream and all, <1 carb), chocolate (0 carb) and other assorted goodies including a couple of beers (2.6g per). You just have to find an acceptable substitute and go in knowing that you can never go back. I've almost lost 1/3 of the weight I'm aiming to lose in just two weeks ... as I get closer to the goal I can add more carbs, though right now I'm at less than 10g per day most of the time and I'm perfectly happy with it ... and most of those are from eggs and sausage (finding good fire sausage is the best thing that ever happened to me ... mmm ... ).

It isn't for everyone because it demands a lot of willpower at first, though I can't imagine that someone that has experienced how good you can feel on this after as long as you were on it would ever go back. That must be one nasty dew addiction ....
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote