View Single Post
Unread 12-07-2003, 09:57 PM   #6
Aleck
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackeagle
As Ben said, the small nozzles going down into the base pattern of holes is vital.

Without them a pattern of holes in the top alone will allow the individual jets to disrupt the impingement effect of each other. You will get little proper impingement down inside the individual cavitys where it's important to have it. At the base of the cavitys you may well end up with trapped stagnant water heating up.
i know about the disruption of the jets and it is called crossflow or in other words the flow of the spent coolant after it impinges the heat transfer wall. This is also one of the characteristic of jet impingement that im studying

other than that the protruding nozzles are very hard to be simulated as they are hex in shape ( but not imposible: i have some technical constraints).

and as i change the configuration of the jets how do i get a corelation of the jet diameter and the od (which there is non coz the nozzles are not cylindrical)of the nozzles . this just adds to the complexity of simulation (unless some is willing to help me with a better idea)

for experimental reasons i will be fabricating alot of this blocks with different jet configs ,so its going to be hard for me to fabricate this blocks with different dimensions each time.
But with a confined jet ( jet without protruding nozzles) ill just start of with the longest jet nozzle and smallest diameter and mill off a few mm's to get diferent nozzle lenghts and change to another drill to get a larger diameter

Becaus
Aleck is offline   Reply With Quote