View Single Post
Unread 08-14-2007, 11:27 AM   #42
evoaz1
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: Unable to log into Snap 2000 from Vista

Since starting this thread months ago, I have gotten my Snap 2000 to play nice with Vista using the Policy update outlined in this thread. However, that was when I was using the Snap in a "Workgroup" environment.

I have now moved our small network to a W2K3 Standard server and implemented a domain. I have been able to join up the Snap to the domain without a problem, and have setup the Snap shares to use the Domain AD user list, which also appears to work correctly. When an XP machine signs into the domain, and tries to access the Snap shares using an authenticated AD user/pass, all works well. The issue I am having is that there are 2 Vista boxes in the network/domain that are attempting to sign into the Snap shares using the SAME DOMAIN CREDENTIALS as the XP machines, and the Snap will not accept the username and/or password. It is the same problem over again that I had with the Vista machine initially.

I attempted to change the Domain controller's NTLM response (per the fix for Vista) thinking maybe the DC was the issue and the credentials were not being passed properly, even though XP machines log in correctly. This (rather obviously) did not work. I tried forcing a group policy for the domain to use the NTLM/NTLMv2 response fix and that did not work either.

It appears at this point that Vista will not authenticate properly with the Snap when using the Active Directory user lists for the Snap shares.

I would love to hear if anyone else has seen a similar issue, or has any further insight on this problem. Thanks so much!!~
BIOS: 2.0.282
2x300GB Seagate
128MB SDRAM
evoaz1 is offline   Reply With Quote