View Single Post
Unread 03-20-2003, 11:45 PM   #15
krazy
Cooling Savant

the general design idea is an excellent one. jets create turbulent flow that rapidly exposes more surface area of water to the hot surfaces wishing to disipate heat. Jets have been used before on a small scale, but I havent seen anything like this before. The cooler I was brainstorming earlier today would have a open area over the core with a smaller diameter tube blasting coolant onto the area above the core from a right angle. The clearance between the nozzle's tip and the plate below it would be something like 1mm to force the coolant to spray turbulantly outwards and possibly crash over a few bumps before returning out around the outside to the outlet pipe.

I'm not sure how this could be incorperated on a large scale, but it would definitely be a very effective block.

The splitting down of the input flow to many small jets woud be difficult. What about if the block had three layers. The input would come into the side of the outermost layer and fill a largeish resiviour area. The bottom of the resiviour would be made frfom the top of the next layer. This would have many small (1/8" maybe) holes going through the ~.5" thick layer. The bottom layer would be the copper base block and have the wells machined into it. return would be around the outside edge or something.

any thoughts? am I bad at this, or might this design work?
krazy is offline   Reply With Quote