View Single Post
Unread 03-21-2003, 09:29 AM   #24
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Wow! Lots of replies, and a few new faces too! Welcome to ProCooling!

I'm not going to get into the direct die approach, I think we've beaten that horse to death, and it's clear that it's not a viable option. Certainly the work that has been done may be used as reference here though.

I hear you Lee, on the top support. I could extend a bunch of copper rods, from the fins, up to the top.

The baseplate thickness is what's holding me back right now: if it performs very well, then I want a thin one, but if I were to use a standard or low pressure pump, then I would want/need more thickness.

David jr: thanks for the excellent render! One note, I was planning on using a square ended endmill, in order to avoid the conical shape that a standard drill bit leaves.

Gilhooley: I like your idea, and I don't have a problem with using an adhesive for the plastic-to-plastic connections, but I'm not sure what kind of adhesive I'd use for the copper to plastic region. Also, threading a top has been shown/discussed to be a no-no, so I'd opt for gluing a threaded adapter to layer 3, and drop layer 4 alltogether. Alternatively, I could glue a nylon barb, and just forget the thread alltogether.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote