View Single Post
Unread 09-22-2003, 11:32 AM   #9
Cossey3
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally posted by dot

Do you know what "Murks" means in english?
http://dict.leo.org/?p=tLMk.&search=Murks
So don't take everything too seriously.

Yes, this is the first version of this block.
The version tested at watercoolplanet.de is REV1.1.
The block is now sealed by an o-ring, much like the Cascade.
If I remember correctly, the rubber gasket was chosen because you don't need to make a groove in the block for it to seal properly.
i wondered why that name sounded a bit wierd but its too long since i "learnt" german to remember exactly what it meant

the real question is that doest the test setup constitute and average setup, the loop in the setup is basically the same as many people would use but it is a low flow rate system and as with a eheims 1250 the cascade jets are about 4.5m/s then with the setup in this test i would be only ~1m/s which is far too low to get proper inpingement
quote from cathat's cascade thread
"Your pump would probably push around 8 to 9lpm in a full setup at a guess. This is dependent upon the restriction of the block, but let's say 9lpm.

Your total jet-hole orifice area is 132mm^2. At our guesstimate 9lpm, the pump is pushing 150ml/sec, for an average nozzle velocity of around 1.1m/s.

1.1m/s is pretty sedate, and is slower than the rate with which water will flow through something like a Maze 3, which would typically be up around 1.6m/s for a pump like yours in a full system.

Compare that to my block where with an Eheim 1250, the average nozzle velocity in a full setup is around 4.5m/s. With the Iwaki MD-30RZ, it's up around the 7m/s mark."
so with the testing method used the cascade has been crippled whereas murk's block with less jets may well be performing nearer to is optimum if you put a larger pump in that system I would expect a large drop in temps for the cascade and a much smaller for murk's block.
i might be wrong but the test setup doesnt seem to be average for most users (look at the pump round up thread and a 1250 is considered to be the smallest youd want to go)
Si
Cossey3 is offline   Reply With Quote