View Single Post
Unread 10-06-2002, 12:44 AM   #63
bowman1964
Cooling Savant

well i have gotten the chiller box bent and welded up.all alumiuim box and lexan lid.and going to try something never done in a chiller.i am going to use copper sheets brased to the copper tubes from the evaperator and stager the plates in the box.forcing the coolant up and around the plates.this should make the coolant have lots of contact with the refridgerant tubes.i know a lot of people just coil up the tubbing and flow water around and up though the tubes.but the water doesnt have to make contact to get around.on this chiller of mine it will have to make contact with the copper plates to just get out.i will try to post some pics during the week of my progress in the chiller tank itself.have also finished new and updated machine specs for my new evap block.the one i run now runs over -60f unloaded and -44 loaded.i am adding about 4 to 6 inches of more channel without adding more block.this was done by utilizing a cad cnc program and instead of a maze i am going where i have seen no one go before.a new maze design with so many turns the liquid will slam and make more contact i hope to give me a little more evap temps.i will try to post them first of the week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg im001122resized.jpg (36.9 KB, 482 views)
custom r502 cooling unit

3D2001SE 21315

3DMARK03 6659
bowman1964 is offline   Reply With Quote