View Single Post
Unread 10-24-2004, 01:04 PM   #27
2Busy
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzdre

2Busy, for the moment, it's visual control only, and yes, there's a impeller of an old orb fan inside, I left the magnet inside this time, want to try to play with hall sensors just to get the tacho signal to the mobo. Dunno much about the hall sensors, but I'll experiment . Only drawback will be if the hall sensor must be installed really close to the magnet, otherwise, if I can drill the backplate and insert the hall sensor in the hole without haveing to drill through and seal the hole, it will be great. If I succeed to get the tacho signal, MBM could read it and warn/shut down the rig in case of no flow. After that, it could even be calibrated to read the lpm/gpm, not to the lab grade ofcourse, but as an additional info, better than 'bucket and stopwatch' method

Cheers
Got any pics as to how you mounted the fan assembly inside the block? Would love to see some detail on this. Please keep us posted on your progress. I am very interested in a basic means to monitor flow, not really worried about rate as much as flow - no flow. As you say, monitor with MBM and let it do the work at the absence of any flow.
2Busy is offline   Reply With Quote