View Single Post
Unread 12-12-2002, 05:50 PM   #56
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

I went away from quick disconnects to my current system out of fears of reduced flow. Currently, I just need to dismount the block and it will snake out the back of the case with no hose removal necessary.

The pump is mounted how it is due to size, and due to the fact that I watched it collapse 1" BRAIDED tubing due to extreme suction. I wanted to fit it on the PVC structure nearly directly to prevent this from fuxoring my PCs. It made sense to me. This lack of mounting (free sitting) also allows me to sit it on a bed of padding to reduce vibration, which is significant.

The first pump was returned and this one is a brand new unit.

A blower would be too loud for my tastes, and still not provide the air flow of these two fans (1100 CFM max between them both). The caravels were $40 for the two of them, which is a deal I couldn't pass up. It also looks badass, which doesn't hurt.
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote