View Single Post
Unread 09-09-2003, 02:04 AM   #19
grassi3000
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally posted by Pritorian
But do you really need the two parts of Acryl 12mm thick, or is i just too be on the safe side?
They're that big, because I want to be on the safe side. It's my first waterblock, and as for that I don't want to have a waterblock with a cover that breaks when I mount it because the material doesn't cope with all that preassure.

Because this is my first waterblock I every constructed I decided to "copy" some design elements because primary I want a waterblock that performs well. I don't have a collection of blocks at home from wich I can choose if this one is performing bad.

Another reason is that I think the 7 Jets of my original design are too less, also if I use a Eheim 1250, and this is what I have in mind. Maybe I'll change the design of the copper part a little bit into the original design. I'm thinking of putting the "obstacles" ,like bigben2k called them, back into the design, but they should have the function of fins. What dimensions should they have? 1mm / 2mm thickness? should they reach the 2nd layer of my wb, like the "U" does, or should they only be half the height of the "U", say 1mm /1.5mm?

Edit: I'm also thinking of making the second layer half the height, because there isn't so much pressure on it, like on the top cover with the mounting holes. Are 6mm of this layer enough even if it is of acrylic?