View Single Post
Unread 12-31-2002, 06:21 PM   #1
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Default Online Database for Heatercores

[moderator]
Here's a link to the heatercore database that works:
http://wbta.us/heatercore_database/

This message will be updated with any other links that become available, and remain functional.

The information below will remain for historical purposes only.
[end mod]

NEWSFLASH!!!

If you had previously bookmarked the database, your link will be broken within the next couple of days (from 7/8/03). I'm sorry, but my work PC is not going to cut it as a host anymore. Please check the links below.

THE ONLINE HEATER CORE DATABASE IS HERE:

[UPDATE]

www.airspirit.net

Use the menu (java required) above to get to the database. This way it will be available regardless of where I move it to and there's an easier bookmark for you.

DOWNLOAD FOR SETTING UP A MIRROR:

http://12.18.239.202/heatercores.zip (13,248 KB!!!)

[requirements: FP2002 extensions, MSDE, giving credit where credit is due]

Instructions:
Enter size ranges for Length/Width/Depth in the fields provided. The min must be less than or equal to the max or you will get no returns (self explanatory). Once you hit search, you will be given a list of cores if any are in that size range (out of 359 cores in the dbase) with links for each to !!!LOCAL SERVER!!! providing pictures. Once you locate a core that fits your needs, go to the link provided above and below the results to the cross-reference page and enter that core number (e.g. 2-200) in the search field. You will be given a list of year/make/models of vehicles that contain that heater core for use if looking for a core from a source that doesn't use FEDCO part numbers or if you were getting it from a scrapyard.

Good luck and happy hunting. If you need help or have any questions, post the question/comment to this thread and I will try to provide assistance as soon as possible.

[UPDATE!]: I have started hosting the image files locally. A few may still be missing at this point, but I think I've got 99% of them. I've added a portal page that allows you to select how you want to search. The choices are original flavor (linked images in each record) or new chunky blue cheese (inline images in each record). If you have a slow connection: PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY CHOOSE LINKED IMAGES! Otherwise, you will be downloading for the next week. And since there are over 8 megs of image files, please don't selec 0-100" in all of the fields repeatedly. My bandwidth suffers under those loads and I don't want to have to take this down.

[Original Post]: THAT'S IT! Ben, I'm breaking down. On Thursday I'm going to publish an online version of my database so everyone can use it. I'll try to get the powers that be to link to it somewhere so everyone will have access to the data.

I'm going to do it in the same way, where you can set min/max figures for all the dimensions, and then punch the core # into a second form and pull up the associated vehicles.

I'll post a link Thursday when i get to it (I have it running, but have to wade through the permissions nightmare so you guys can get to it).
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied

Last edited by bigben2k; 03-24-2006 at 07:49 PM.
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote