View Single Post
Unread 03-16-2004, 11:59 PM   #2
alexwai
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotic504
hi, reservoirs are very expensive for what they are made of. i've seen them as cheap as $25 and as much as $80. i find that crazy for a tube and 2 outlets. but that's just my general thinking of things. i always break them down to something simple although they might not be. so i'm thinking about making my own out of acrylic. like pour the acrylic into a mold and hollow it out and put to barbs in there and then make a cap for it. is that all a reservoir is? i haven't started on watercooling yet. but i've pretty much decided what i want for my mobile Athlon XP 2600+. i want a hyrdor L30 pump, maze4 cpu block, chevy pickup single pass heatercore, and some panaflo 120mm fans. i figure thats a very cost effective (cheap) set up that will get me decent cooling. well all i need. i'd like to save money where i can, i already have some acrylic and something that i can cast a rectangular reservoir in. so has anyone made their own? any specs, layouts, parts, pieces? thanks!
I made my own acrylic reservoir as well. The size is about 4" x 4" x 4". What is important is to screw the screw threads on the piece of Acrylic. 3 screw threads need to be drilled in my case. Their thread size is: 2 x 1/4" and 1 x 3/4" (it is the size of water inlet of Iwaki MD-20RZM pump). I got my friend to do it for me for the smaller ones. But, I need to pay for about 40 HKD for the large one as taps itself is really expensive in HK due to the large size. BTW. the cost of making this custom reservoir is about 90 HKD or ~ USD11.54. It is quite decent at least I feel that.

Last edited by alexwai; 03-17-2004 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Change the spelling
alexwai is offline   Reply With Quote