View Single Post
Unread 05-01-2004, 05:34 AM   #1
Khledar
Cooling Savant

Default Revision of a Volenti Concept, will it work?

Well I've had this on my mind for a good year or so. But now that I'm done my term, I've got time on my hands, and water to cool.

It all started when I read this:
http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=4469

Basically my concept is very similar but done with acrylic and on a lot smaller scale. It's the scale that worries me, maybe I've gone too small to negate the cooling goodness.

Well time for pictures, they describe it best.

Apparently my rendering program thinks "Plexiglass" is green, so I switched to glass for the second two, I also moved the "pump" up further where it will actually be in the final two pictures.

The pictures are missing all the connections but basically the pump loop goes like this: Pumps(series)--> "sealed" resevoir --> Tubes --> Open resevoir -->computer --> back to pumps.

Two things I'm wondering your input on:
1) Will I have enough surface area to cool decently? (The tubes are 1/8" ID, 1/4" OD and 5" tall, there will be approximately 28 (or more if you suggest that will help) (32 are shown in renders for symmetry).

2)If I shut it off, will the pumps drain (they're the highest thing in the system)? I'm thinking with the loop setup the way I suggested the pump wont drain - but maybe I'm just not seeing it properly.

Any general suggestions are welcome too.

[EDIT: Oh, the attaching seems to have reversed the images order what so they go: 3, 2 ,1 as shown below]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bong_1.jpg (107.1 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg bong_2.jpg (108.8 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg bong_3.jpg (62.4 KB, 64 views)

P4 2.4B @3.01Ghz 167FSB :: Abit IC7 :: 2x256MB HyperX PC3700 :: ASUS 9600XT :: WD Raptor 2x36GB RAID0
Khledar is offline   Reply With Quote