View Single Post
Unread 05-27-2002, 09:23 PM   #35
V12|V12
Cooling Savant

Yeah, that is pretty much what I'd be doing... But I'm sure that I would find other uses for one, I'm always making, breaking something and needing to drill etc... I was thinking of a more compact 10" table model. Do you have any links to some CHEAP vises and bits? I don't wanna give it and buy a maze block, just for the fact that I like building things myself, that and $35 for a 15min job doesn't seem right! But I need to get temps down!

I'm running with AS3, massive 5/8 ID tubing with 1/2" barbs with a festiva heater core 7.5x6x1.5. That copper block I described above and some mysterious, ghetto'd aquarium pump I found in the garbage! I'm betting my high temps are from the lack of flow rate this pump tries to put out and the lack of great block design...? I max about 45C in Prime95 according to mobo bios, but that's not a real accurate temp measurement.... Temps SHOULD be much lower, even with a crappy-homemade block!

I'm thinking of making a block design similar to the Invotech (spell?) one. 10mm solid base to elimiate the need for a cold plate, in case I pelt cool again, with a large, round, solid copper core with flow groves cut in it like a CD spindle, then have some misc turbulence causing channels, and finally covered with either a flat plate or copper tubing end cap... hard to picture with out drawings, which I'll make some time....
V12|V12 is offline   Reply With Quote