View Single Post
Unread 05-02-2003, 01:32 PM   #136
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

The switches arrived yesterday, along with the rest of the supplies. Purdy.

I found a handle:

Quote:
0.75" high. 0.187" diameter steel stock. Shiny dark gunmetal enamel finish. Threaded for 4-40 screws on 3" centers.
CAT# HDL-13 Price: $1.00 each
At the same place: www.allelectronics.com (tip, they have a special right now, where if you place an order of $25 or more, shipping is free: use promo code SHIPFREE).

And to top it all off, I think I found the connectors:

Quote:
Molex-type multi-pin connector with contacts on 0.198" grid spacing. Contacts are crimped onto wire and inserted into housings. Polarized male and female white nylon housings interlock with detent lock. Can be snap-mounted into chassis cutouts. Crimp pins accept 24-16 AWG wire. Includes 2 plugs and 2 receptacles, 8 male and 8 female crimp terminals.
CAT# CON-33 Price: $1.50 each

Quote:
Molex-type multi-pin connector with contacts on 0.198" grid spacing. Contacts are crimped onto wire and inserted into housings. Polarized male and female white nylon housings interlock with detent lock. Can be snap-mounted into chassis cutouts. Crimp pins accept 24-16 AWG wire. Includes 2 plugs and 2 receptacles, 22 male and 22 female crimp terminals.
CAT# CON-39 Price: $3.50 each
I'll add a grill, for the front door, to allow airflow.
detail here

[edit: if these contacts are the same as what I found for Molex/GC/Waldom in my Digikey catalog, the contacts are rated for 12 amps each. Exactly what I need.

Last edited by bigben2k; 05-02-2003 at 01:43 PM.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote